Provide leadership to ensure execution of job scope is done in a safe, environmentally sound and cost-effective manner to support the long-term reliability of the refinery.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Operations Turnaround Coordinator to validate value added, detailed job scopes. Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
- Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field visits, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
- Prepare job packages per a defined, detailed operating discipline utilizing SAP to sequence the jobs and order the materials.
- Complete a rigorous planning certification process, and as experience allows mentor other planners.
- Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams when relevant, Operations Turnaround Coordinator, and other applicable SMEs to develop a value creating integrated schedule.
- Collaborate with the scheduler and cost controller to develop a value creating labour resource plan.
- Procure labour, managed services, and materials per defined labour and material selection processes.
- Set up service level agreement meetings with service providers and perform pre walk through exercises / dress rehearsals.
- Direct work activity in pre-work, execution, and post-work. Drive safety and productivity performance, remove barriers as needed, update schedules, and approve labour charges.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility.
- Experience in and understanding of the flow of maintenance work in various crafts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision – making in high stress turnaround environment
- Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Maintenance craft experience or exposure to maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment.
- Experience in planning jobs in SAP.
If this sounds like you, register and APPLY NOW!
Applications close on Friday, 12th January 2024 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don't hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role. We will, however, keep your profile on our database for future reference.