Location: Remote, UK/Ireland
Language: Fluent English
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Business Development, Sales, Management, Account Management, Customer relationships, Chemical industry, PU
We are glad to be retained by one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of MDI, TDI, polyol and specialty chemicals. Due to experienced recent growth, they are looking for an experienced Sales Manager UK/Ireland (remote-based) to continue to expand their PU (polyurethane business) in the European market.
You will sell and market PU raw materials to manufacturers in the CASE, Automotive, Construction and Rigid markets. The Sales Manager will have the hunger to apply effective sales strategies in the UK/Ireland Region. The goal is to ensure market position consolidation via existing account management and continuous growth via new business development.
- Regulations follow up
- Become familiar with and observe laws, provisions, and directions outside and inside the company connected to sales activity.
- Customer Orientation
- Represent the company to customers and market representatives with a professional and customer-oriented working attitude
- Maintain appropriate information flow between customers and internal organizations.
- Customer relationship management through regular visits
- Cooperate with companies’ colleagues and units supporting the Sales Manager to provide smooth service to the customer
- Market monitoring
- Follow up on market tendencies, be up to date on changes in the industrial environment
- Monitor relevant general market segment and/or customer-specific information and developments.
- Support decision-making in strategic marketing and business management through proposals.
- Planning, implementing and reporting
- To establish sales objectives, forecast and develop annual sales plan by regions and territories projecting expected sales volume and contribution margins
- Implement a sales program by developing a sales action plan
- Making offers
- Applies adequate pricing according to the sales strategy approved by relevant sales directors
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of general contracts and efficiency of the sales process by periods.
- Fulfil the reporting obligation assigned by the supervising directors.
Specific roles and responsibilities in a particular area:
- The job holder is the prime contact to all assigned customers, institutions, and other associations in the designated territory thus he shall act in a way to represent the interest of the company but also respect business partners whilst creating recognition and seeking to deliver targets set by the company.
- He shall do his utmost to translate the strategic intent of the company into tangible actions which allow the company to reach its strategic goals and maintain them.
- To know and understand the meaning of the company’s core values and build them into daily work. Knowledge, compliance, and reporting of the requirements of corporate core values, LEAN, quality management, environmental management, health and safety management, energy management
- Other tasks are delegated by a superior.
- Keeps contact with the below-listed units, organizations
- Internal relationship: PU marketing and sales, customer service, logistics, finance, OM, HR, Credit management, legal department, production team
- External relationships Customers, companies R&D, other SBUs under companies Marketing
- University Degree or at least 5 years in the Chemical industry
- Marketing knowledge related to a given business area and relevant industrial experience
- Strong experience in an international environment
- Experience with PU sales, TDI, MDI and Polyols is needed
- Built network in the PU industry and related applications is preferred
- Strong communication with internal and external parties
- Ability to manage key accounts and do business development (hybrid function)
- Ability to travel 30 % - 50 %
- Ability to work remotely
- Residing in the UK/Ireland
- Fluent English
- Meeting sales target
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Building relationship
- Analytical skills
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not “tick all the boxes”, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown,