The company’s mission is to help customers to lower their total cost of network ownership whilst also lowering their risk of downtime. The company’s current customer portfolio spans across a number of countries and includes tier-1 telcos, cable MSOs, Fortune 500s, and OEMs.
The company has goals of increasing revenue by expanding the company’s traditional portfolio within telecoms and network test and repair, across North, Central and South America, whilst developing new opportunities within the EV, Medical and Aerospace sectors.
The company has an immediate need to hire a Vice President of Sales & Business Development who can implement and drive a total sales culture shift, away from passive order taking to active sales and opportunity development. Whilst the company has been very effective at being mission focussed, this has sometimes negatively impacted cost efficiency and individual accountability. The VP of Sales and Business Development will therefore be tasked with reviewing current sales processes and implementing effective KPIs to drive profitable sales growth, new business development and effective account and program management. The VP of Sales & Business Development will lead a team of 10-15 Sales and Business Development individuals, comprised of both managers and individual contributors.
Primary Job Duties:
- Revitalize the sales group, motivating, influencing and coaching the team on effective sales development, personally demonstrating a sales hunter mindset
- Build out and drive effective sales processes, sales metrics and KPIs working with sales managers and sales team members to review individual performance and team profitability.
- Create cost build ups, and assess potential risks that may impact cost and program profitability
- Effectively implement and review sales process and opportunities life cycle
- Keep up to date on latest government initiatives and new technology advancements within the sector that can be leveraged as potential opportunities for the company.
- Effectively adopt a change management mindset to keep up to date with industry shifts
- Travel across the Americas to meet with key customers and stakeholders (approx. 10% per year)
- Proven track record as a leader of successful sales hunters
- Ability to revamp sales teams and instill a mindset of new business development and adoption of effective sales processes
- Prior experience mentoring sales teams on standard outputs required to pursue opportunities
- Ability to effectively qualify and win new business opportunities
- Understanding of cost build ups and contract risks, including costs of risk
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to create or partner on opportunity P&L planning, forecasting and company target reviews
- Knowledge of wireless lifecycle elements, processes and opportunities
- Understanding and ability to manage sales/BD pipelines/funnels, PWin, PGo, etc.
- Ability to build, instill and evaluate teams performances against sales/BD metrics and KPIs
- Independently create company value propositions for a myriad of customers, developing presentations and materials where required
- Appreciation and understanding of technology in networks, SaaS, Software defined networks, RF devices, data centers or adjacent industries.
- Spanish speaker
- Awareness of government initiatives in the wireless/wireline/cable space
- Awareness of next technologies in telecommunication/network space
- Knowledge of EV, Medical or Aviation markets
- Negotiable base salary
- STIP- commission based bonus
- Cell Phone, Internet and reimbursable business and travel expenses
- Healthcare with (3 plans) HRA, HSA and FSA offerings
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and voluntary Life AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program and Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401K 50% contribution up to 6% (Vesting at 20% per year)