Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Oil & Gas - LNG
Engineering & Design
February 6, 2024
Our client seeks an experienced Welding Engineer to join the client's office in Madrid, Spain for a 14 months contract.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Welding Engineer is responsible to review, assess and manage the scope of works relevant to the specialization of the allocated FEED/EPC package. The Designated Welding representative is the last line of engineering defence – review the equipment design / materials of construction / method of fabrication / material selection / service conditions / code compliance / constructability / Contractor and Vendor performance.
• Plan and prepare schedule for finishing work within deadlines.
• Ensure that the job progresses as per schedule.
• Review, participate, guide and manage the FEED/EPC contractor in developing the scope of works as defined in the various Work Entity Releases (WER’s).
• Provide technical support to the project management team and engage on any specialty services related to the discipline required activities (static equipment / piping / material selection / corrosion control / non-metallic / PMI).
• Resolve specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
• 15 years of relevant experience in large to mega projects as specified by CSD welding group
• Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details
• Good working knowledge of Aramco standards and procedures and International standards
• Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Excellence/ Drive for results