Airswift is currently working on a confidential search for an established and well-respected client within the engine and power generator set industry. As part of the company’s growth and commitment to Southeast Asia, our client is currently looking for a new Workshop Manager who will help expand and improve their service offering in the region.
The Workshop Manager plays an important role in the company’s operations and will be directly responsible for managing a team of 10-20 service and maintenance engineers. This requires an experienced manager or supervisor of electrical and mechanical engineers, and so will require a degree of knowledge in both mechanical and electrical repair as it relates to engines and gensets. Additionally, the Workshop Manager will be responsible for planning maintenance schedules and smooth and safe operation of the workshop and the workshop equipment.
To succeed in the role you will need:
- Relevant technical education with at least a qualification in mechanical, electrical or mechatronics engineering.
- On-site and hands-on experience with diesel engines or generators and related equipment like switchboards, control panels, and protection relays.
- Experience in managing service/maintenance teams of 10+ engineers and overseeing workshop operations.
- Able to assign and schedule tasks in a manner that complies with customer needs and repair standards.
- An excellent customer service attitude who always places the client first.
- Good communication in written and spoken English. Able to liaise with clients and generate their feedback, as well as training and performance management of a diverse team of engineers.
- You MUST be either a Singaporean citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore. We are not able to sponsor foreign work passes for this role.
In return the company offers a great working environment and the opportunity to work with a highly respected name in its industry.
For further information please apply with your updated CV or email Gareth Bibby at Gareth.email@example.com