3 Oct 2023
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Sr. Subsea Engineer - Cable
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, ...
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a national operator to source a Sr. Subsea Engineer - Cable. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis. Please see details below.
Title: Sr. Subsea Engineer - Cable
Start Date: ASAP
Working Schedule: 5 days per week / 8-9 hours per day or as per project requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities
• The incumbent is responsible in executing all phases of emergency cable repair lifecycle activities which includes but not limited to cable identification & criticality report assessment, advise client Asset / JV partners in cable isolation when cable damage is notified and performing damage detection activity, establish preliminary damage assessment and repair method selection based on three scenarios, execute damage metrology survey and repair execution, repair testing and acceptance, assist in re-commissioning and start-up.
• Responsible for the Subsea Cable Specialized Repair work within EPRS Division to ensure the readiness and adequacy of resources for immediate intervention of any pipeline repair requirement.
• Support the preparation of EPRS / 5 Years CAPEX, OPEX, and Master of Procurement Plan (MPP).
• Act as Technical Assurance as well responsibility for execution of Subsea Cable Specialized Repair Engineering works and associated activities.
• Responsible for the establishment, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Subsea Cable Specialized Repair Engineering Management System, Standards, Guidelines, Procedures and Manual.
• Responsible for the routine Subsea Cable Specialized Repair Engineering readiness and resources adequacy check to ensure swift response to any emergency pipeline repair requirements.
• Responsible for the development of project and technical documents as well as for the technical assurance and quality management of technical documents prepared by contractors.
• Responsible for interfacing with Contractor, Asset Team and JV partners relevant Team to ensure smooth planning, execution and Close-out reports submission for Subsea Cable Specialized Repair Engineering works and associated activities.
• Responsible for preparation of material specifications/ datasheets, inspection requirements, drafting technical specification for EPC/ maintenance scopes, for procurement purposes including but not limited to site visit, and site supervision.
• Guide and supervise less experienced engineers on all matter related to Subsea Pipeline Specialized Repair work.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Subsea Engineering or other similar disciplines relating to upstream oil and gas from a recognised university.
Knowledge and Key Skills
• Minimum ten (10) years of relevant oil and gas industry experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of relevant international standards and Codes of Practice, Shell DEP and competent in the design, specification, repair, and selection of cable systems.
• Chartered Engineer/ Professional Engineer with professional bodies of Engineers is desired.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV with contact details.