Airswift is on a task to find an IT Technical Writer to work on a 6 months ...
Airswift is on a task to find an IT Technical Writer to work on a 6 months contract position in Houston.
We are seeking a talented technical professional with excellent communication and authoring skills to plan for, design, develop and publish Technical Documentation, including but not limited to functional, design and technical specifications, development of coding standards and guides, API documents, architecture specifications and diagrams.
Successful candidates will:
• Have served in a technical role on a software development project within the last 5 years
• Possess excellent writing skills, producing documents that require little revision upon review by team members for language, grammar, consistency and formatting
• Be proficient at writing/authoring technical materials, as opposed to scribing or regurgitating notes without a comprehensive understanding of the work product
• Work with software engineering team members to identify documentation deliverables and prepare plans, with approved timelines for developing and publishing the materials
• Ensure that all deliverables are reviewed, updated and published, per schedule plans
• Author technical documents, including Technical Designs, Functional Specifications, Data Designs and API Guides by gathering necessary details from team members and/or participating in the design and development processes for deliverables
• Author general program materials as needed, including Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes, presentations and reports
• Create and/or update diagrams, charts and visual aids
• Produce both print (aka Word / PDF) or online (Wiki / web readable) documents developed using structured / markup style languages
• Develop and/or update existing onboarding materials to ensure that resources are onboarded seamlessly without interruption
• Update existing procedural or technical documents as needed to improve organization/structure, readability for technical audiences
• Manage assigned work by documenting and managing all deliverables in TFS / Azure DevOps for all assigned efforts
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• 6+ years of experience writing documentation and communicating technical content to varied audiences.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from engineering, support, and product management.
• Proven experience with workflows and tooling used by engineering, operations, and product teams.
• Fluent in written and verbal English with a wide vocabulary and impeccable grammar.