Houston, Texas, United States
Project Controls Lead
Airswift is looking for a Project Controls Lead to work for a major LNG client ...
Airswift is looking for a Project Controls Lead to work for a major LNG client in Houston, Texas on a 3-year assignment contract.
This position will support the Engineering & Construction (E&C) Project Services by being responsible for implementing, monitoring, and leading all project controls assurance (schedule, risk, and cost), reporting, procedures, and tools for all phases of project life cycle to achieve business and project goals and objective.
Responsible for collecting, consolidating, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting of project scope, schedule, risk and cost control information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified for corrective action.
Requires working with a lot of different stakeholders and it is critical that they are able to interact and communicate effectively across all business groups.
This position will be in the Houston Office with potential site visits required to understand the site layout, project execution and to oversee schedule, risk and cost on the project. This individual will report to the Project Controls Manager.
Thorough knowledge of project controls functions, processes, and procedures as they apply to project management.
• Possess a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction costs, materials and procedures in the oil and gas industry
• Knowledge and proficiency in cost control functions including budget development, cost analysis, forecasting, variance reporting, charts, and graphs
• Knowledge and proficiency in CPM scheduling techniques, risk analysis, tracking, analyzing, benchmarking, and reporting.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Earned Value Management System and techniques
• Proficient in Oracle Purchasing and Hyperion Financial system
• Knowledgeable and proficient in computer based financial and budget system, PowerPoint, and computational spreadsheets
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Provide monthly schedule and cost analysis, forecasting and produce financial reports
• Project schedule and cost development and its implementation throughout project.
• Analyze cost using earned value, percent complete, productivity rate and burned rate
• Timely and accurately track project cost, trends, impacts, conflicts, changes, and risks
• Advises the project team of schedule and cost trends, critical path changes, opportunities, conflicts, and risks and recommends corrective action and follows up on recommendations
• Ensure capital cost is properly coded, meeting accounting principles and FERC Accounting
• Responsible to analyze capital projects and compile data on each factor that may have an influence on costs. Such factors include labor, materials, equipment, land, and contractors
• Facilitate risk analysis sessions/workshops, develop risk models, generate scenarios, and analyze results for management information and decision making
• Work with scheduler in reviewing and development of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
• Establish the Work Breakdown Structure and Project Coding Structures for the project
• Ensure adherence to Company E&C Stage Gate Process. Document process gaps and follow through on incorporating implementation learnings into E&C Project Management processes
• Manage trends and change orders, including contingency drawdown
• Visit sites as required to coordinate with contractors and Company site staff to assist and support for full contract compliance, as applicable
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
• Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, finance, or construction management is preferred. Or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
• Experience: 10+ years hands-on experience in project controls and cost controls management in the oil and gas industry.
o Detail oriented, possesses strong analytical skills and have time management skills.
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
o Advanced level proficiency in Project Planning, Execution, Scheduling, and Project Controls
o Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
o Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for project controls activities
o Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet tight deadlines.
o Computer literate with advance Excel and PowerPoint skills.
FREEDOM TO ACT
Ability to multi-task and function in a highly-dynamic atmosphere; must exercise discretion independently.
• Job is performed in a typical office environment, but can be subject to time pressures and constraints
• During project construction site visits will be required
• May be required to work overtime
• Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations