Location: On-site at Boden/Luleå, Sweden Language: Fluent English Recruitment ...
Location: On-site at Boden/Luleå, Sweden
Language: Fluent English
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Managers: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Cost Management, EPCM, Mining, O&G, Management, Green Steel, CO2, Green Hydrogen
The company was founded in 2020, with the ambition to accelerate the decarbonization of industry using Green Hydrogen. The office is headquartered in Stockholm Sweden, with its first plant under development in Boden, northern Sweden with a production capacity of 5 million tons of green steel produced annually. They are looking for an experienced Cost Manager to be based in Boden/Luleå, Sweden to ensure the company Project complies with financial regulations, plan and forecast the project budget, and monitor and report on the progress of the budget.
The company is working on multiple large 4- 5 billion projects that are getting international attention. Their clients include names like Mercedes, Miele, and Kingspan. Their employees get to learn every day, implement the latest technology, and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, they are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for people, customers, investors, society, and the planet.
The Senior Cost Manager reports to the Director of Project Controls and is primarily responsible for ensuring the company Project complies with financial regulations, planning and forecasting the project budget, and monitoring and reporting on the progress of the budget.
The Company Project consists of:
· 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
· 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
· 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
· Various Cold Finishing Facilities
· Plant Power Distribution Grid
· Plant Infrastructure and Water System
- Fully conversant with the terms and can apply cost engineering, estimating, and planning engineering practices contained in AACE and PMI standard-level practices. Sound understanding of project delivery phases and activities performed during the project phase as detailed in the Cost Management procedures and guidelines
- Strong (multiannual) experience with strong supervisory experience working on major projects with an EPCM contracting approach
- Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, procurement – materials and various purchase orders, contracts, construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, planning, and document control
- Keep abreast of the ongoing work of the project to discern adverse trends, potential problem areas, and opportunities and participate in their proactive management
- Working experience with cost control software; and doing analysis on Cost savings value engineering scenarios. Implement effective reporting in accordance with guidelines
- Skilled knowledge of estimating techniques and proven ability to oversee major project estimating development and reviews
- Capable of developing and maintaining a controlled budget (TIC & Services) and forecast scopes of work. Manage interface with finance/accounting for expenditures, revenue recognition, invoicing, cash flow/cash calls
- Ability to relocate to or reside in Boden/Luleå, Sweden.
- Supervision, cost management and estimated the alignment of project objectives. Providing leadership in the selection, appraisal coaching, mentoring, training, and assistance in the resolution of problems
- Interface between Cost Control and stakeholders to develop, set up, monitor, or and control Cost budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the application of skills and methods to manage and control the Cost Budget and Cashflow
- Interface with stakeholders, including finance and accounting, to prepare written cost analysis and reports on a timely and accurate forecast of project cost monthly
- Prepare and update of Project Controls sections of the PEP, including WBS, CBS, Risk management, contingency management, reporting, project reports, etc
- Coordinate with Area Managers on Cost Review meetings monthly. Interface with the Project Director and Finance to prepare monthly internal reports. Prepares and assists the Project Director in the development and delivery of written/oral presentations to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a Quality Management System, control, and auditing
- Superior organizational, analytical, and leadership skills and ability to influence.
- Strong work ethic and eager to take on additional tasks and objectives that goes beyond Project Controls work scope.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all colleagues, both inside and outside the project team.
- Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes various high-priority stakeholders, engineering disciplines, construction management team, EPCMs and 3rd party suppliers.
- Proven methodology development skills, curriculum development, and review skills, as well as presentation and facilitation skills.
What we can offer you:
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, the company offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that the company and success is dependent on our people, and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, email@example.com