Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
Engineering & Design
November 21, 2023
Airswift (Air Energi Caspian LLP) is currently looking for a Electrical Engineer (for KZ passport holders) for one of our large project in Tengiz, 28\28. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Electrical Engineer responsible for Engineering design and Technical expert review of complex power generation, distribution and protection systems projects within the FE Designs Engineering team.
Safety Responsibilities: Demonstrated commitment to safety, by Championing and being a role model for the use of Company safety tools and systems. Demonstrates leadership in building and supporting an Incident and Injury Free culture. Knowledgeable of and proficient in the application of Process Safety management systems and processes.Contribute to operational assurance by supporting and implementing the Company policy of protecting people and environment. Participate in incident investigation or work process improvement teams.
Technical Responsibilities: Low and High Voltage Electrical Power Distribution Systems Design • Scope, design, construct, modify and support the execution of complex power distribution and transmission systems • Perform detailed calculations • Diagram and Schematic Development and Review • Develop and design one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, wiring schematics, logic and principle diagrams • Perform a review of the manufacturer’s drawing packages. Set point calculation and selection of relay protection parameters for transformers/ generators/motors etc. • Select fuse ratings and protection devices, technical support for setting the generator/motor and low-power consumers protection • Choose equipment for new projects and for modifications to existing projects • Participate in the commissioning and testing activities at the site. Adjustable Speed Drive (ASD) System Design • Select and prepare project specifications for the adjustable-speed drives • Provide technical support for the installation of adjustable-speed drive equipment. • Review and comment on the contractor’s submissions during the detailed design phase of a project • Provide technical support to other engineers • Advise Operations on maintenance requirements for adjustable speed drives • Lead site commissioning of equipment and factory acceptance testing. Power Generation Design • Specify and select generator configurations as the conditions and load requirements change • Select power generator packages. • Lead the development of a preliminary load list as the basis for sizing and selecting the generators. • Define & support the installation, hookup, testing, and commissioning • Select emergency and essential generator package equipment for emergency and essential loads. Provide technical support for trouble shooting, Root Cause Analysis, repair, inspection, and testing of the system.
Organizational Capabilities Responsibilities: Develop strong cross-functional relationships with other disciplines requiring electrical consultation, for example: Instrumentation and Power Operations. Effectively use work processes, including: engineering work orders, material purchasing, cost estimating, contracting, cost tracking and Management of Change (MOC). Work on a wide range of problems where causal relationships are difficult to establish. Apply OE elements in facilities engineering and construction, safe operation and reliability and efficiency assurance for projects and processes. Able to review and comment on DE Electrical job packs produced by junior engineers. Acts as a technical mentor for less experienced Electrical Engineers in the DE team.
Job Specification and requirements:
• Must be a RoK Citizen
• Demonstrated commitment to safety by having no safety rule violations and 100% compliant on all safety processes
• Higher technical or engineering degree in Electrical
• Relevant Electrical engineering work experience in the Petrochemical industry not less than 5 years. Tengiz Plant Operation knowledge and experience is preferred.
• Demonstrates high degree of competency in Electrical skills and general knowledge of other key facility engineering disciplines.
• Kazakh, Russian - Advanced, Achieve or exceed English level 3 on Company proficiency scale
• Familiar with ETAP Load flow software.
• Microsoft Office advanced user, as well as Adobe Acrobat, Document Management System.
• Detailed knowledge of International Codes and Standards and their application in a Petrochemical Facility. Example is Electrical Hazardous Area protection methods and their application.
• Working knowledge of Safety in Designs (SID) requirements.
• Evidence of independent working skills and self-motivated performance with minimum supervision
• Sustained problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.