Airswift is currently looking for an AGI Piping Specialist, for one of our largest projects in Tanzania. The work schedule is 8/2 rotation. The length is a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Review validity of any Contractors extra works request and pay particular attention to the supervision of the relevant activities.
- To ensure compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications such but not limited to ASME, ASTM, ANSI, API, and NEMA.
- Assist QS in measuring the physical progress of the workers in charge daily/weekly for progress report issues.
- Make sure that the Contractor submits his daily reports regarding equipment and workforce and carefully check that information is correct and complies with the agreed procedures.
- Proactively undertake and promote the use of behavioral and incentivized HSE work programmes, and campaigns
- Ensure all Quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for underground and above ground GRE/HDPE/CS/SS, hydrostatic testing, flushing, and drying, and safety relief valve installation, all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements, and project specifications
- Ensure contractors follow approved procedures, plans and method statements
- Ensure the most current design documents are used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation
- Ensure that all construction milestone dates are completed as scheduled
- Ensure that all construction activities meet quality and workmanship standards
- Ensure required permits are in place prior to the start of the work at site
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas, as instructed by project management
- Degree: BSc (or equivalent formal qualification, i.e degree/diploma in mechanical or a related Engineering)
- CSWIP 3.1 - Welding Inspector and NDT Level 2 certification is preferred
- Qualification in Coating such as NACE, BGAS etc. is preferred
- Conversant with all NDTs techniques
- Fully aware and experienced of all applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices for piping installations of stations / AGI’s used in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Fluent in English
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, ANSI, API, NEMA)
- Prefer experience on large scope
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Large Scale Project in mechanical, structural and piping installation including large/small bore, piping systems and instrument supports, equipment setting, steel structure fabrication and erection.
- Ability to travel as and when required