Airswift is seeking two Buyers to work for a major Petrochemical client on a 1-year contract with the possibility of being extended. This role will support their operations in Alberta and Ontario, and can be located either in Joffre's or Corunna's office.
The client is looking for an energetic, self-motivated individuals to fill two Buyer roles within their Service Center. These roles will support their operations in Alberta, Ontario, and Louisiana. The environment is fast-paced and high-volume. They are seeking candidates looking for growth opportunities and willing to take on new challenges in support of the team.
You Will Use Your Expertise To:
- Manage daily transactional activities following the procurement operations process in accordance with the risk, spend and scope of work complexity.
- Execute high volume companywide purchase requisitions - verify purchase requisitions for accuracy, completion, required approvals, supplier qualification and contract compliance in order to create purchase orders within established guidelines/timelines and to ensure on-time delivery.
- Understand and apply requirements that meet company interests and protect through compliance and risk mitigation.
- Provide inputs to the Technical Procurement reports for distribution to our stakeholders.
- Record material source and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Receive and review order acknowledgements from suppliers.
- Interface with accounts payable with invoice issues related to purchase order discrepancies and capture of early payment discounts.
- Interface with receiving and stakeholders to resolve blocked good receipts.
- Perform follow-up with suppliers to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis.
- Interface with expediting to validate delivery dates, order accuracy, ship method, and payment terms.
- Maintain information on supplier performance indicators, such as on time delivery, quality and other Purchase Order (PO) requirements.
- Identify cost improvement opportunities for assessment and achieve improvements in operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately to mitigate business risk.
- Effectively engage, consult and collaborate with other service groups within the Company including but not limited to Stores, Expediting, Logistics, Legal, Tax, and Risk, as required.
- Apply Technical Procurement best practices and participate in the standardization of business processes.
What We Are Looking For:
- A University degree, college diploma and/or Professional Designation, with a minimum of 1-3 years related experience and a progressive record of professional development OR a minimum of 5-7 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development.
- Pursuing a Professional Designation is an asset.
- An understanding of local/regional laws as may be applicable for both domestic and international purchase.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships with key stakeholders under challenging deadlines and/or market conditions.
- Ability to persuade and educate stakeholders such that they gain a full appreciation for the various procurement risks and realistic service levels and associated cost.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of eProcurement and eCatalog management systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Source-to-pay/Procure to pay tools (e.g., SAP MM, Ariba).
You Can Stand Out If:
- You are passionate about your work and put care and thought into all that you do.
- You are responsible and follow through with your commitments to others and to safety.
- You are innovative and are willing to challenge your biases when problem solving.
- You are collaborative, inclusive, and work well with others towards team goals.