Project Engineer – Lake Charles, LA
Airswift, an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries, has been tasked with hiring a long-term capital project engineer for our chemical company client located in Lake Charles, LA.
The Project Engineer will be primarily responsible for engineering, overseeing, and executing multiple capital & expense projects to meet scope, cost, and schedule requirements at the site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate strong commitment to health, safety, and environmental requirements through personal behavior and direction of others.
- Provide required engineering services and technical knowledge for the application of new or different processes, equipment, and materials in existing production units to improve production rates, quality, lower production cost, and/or improve equipment reliability.
- Develop plans for projects and prepare budget estimates for approvals.
- Coordinate contract engineering services for projects in accordance with good engineering and safety practices, governmental regulations, plant specifications, applicable codes and underwriter requirements.
- Develop and/or update engineering procedures in order to ensure optimum engineering support for plant facilities.
- Initiate procurement of materials and communicate with Purchasing, Vendors, and Stores to control expediting and receiving of material.
- Prepare work scope descriptions and bid specifications for Purchasing to request bids from vendors and contractors.
- Review and approve construction drawings, vendor equipment, vessels, and machinery related to industrial processes.
- Review and provide recommendations on engineering and construction bid packages.
- Coordinate field installation, inspect, and accept work.
- Prepare project status, construction progress, and cost forecast reports required to keep management informed of progress on assigned projects.
- Communicate with Maintenance and Production personnel to acquire design feedback experience on previously installed equipment and material.
- Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Electrical)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical plant or related industry in the engineering field.
- Active TWIC required ***
- 2+ years of project engineering experience.
- Experience leading capital projects: budgeting, forecasting, administration of schedule, and cost control.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, ACAD drawings, and equipment literature applicable in a chemical facility.
- Previous experience with SAP is preferred.
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, this position must make general decisions requiring judgement and perform activities requiring sustained concentration.
The primary work environment will be in an office, however, some of the work may be required in the operating units which may result in exposure to outside elements, require usage of stairs and elevators, and mandate usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hardhat, goggles, hearing protection, etc.