Contract duration: 12 months (Possibility of extension)
Contract type: PAYE or LTD Company - Hourly rate
Start Date: ASAP
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
We are a global technology company who operate in a range of industries including engineering, manufacturing, data analytics, networks and operations. We are committed to designing tomorrow together with our stakeholders and being a culturally inclusive, socially responsible, and environmentally sustainable organization. We are proud to sponsor with Airswift to expand our workforce to achieve further growth in 2024.
We are currently searching for a Design engineer who’s focus will be on aircraft structures to be sat in our client’s office in Bristol. This will be on an initial 12-month contract period with the possibility of extension and we can cater for both LTD company and PAYE employment.
Role & Requirements
- Candidate with experience in providing design and build services to a customer for a prototype electrical vertical take-off/landing aircraft.
- The Design engineer along with a team is required to be provided through a capacity offload solution to prepare composite and metallic structure detail and assembly definitions.
- The role requires to delivery professional design engineering services per week for the stated duration of this engagement providing design, and design checking capability.
- The design engineer along with a team of engineers must be capable of delivering design engineering, including but not limited to creation and cross check of model-based definitions within the 3D Experience digital mock up (DMU).
- The design engineer along with a team of engineers must be able to act as an independent team, however, there may be occasions when some engagement with other relevant engineering teams to ensure compatibility and continuity of design is maintained. Coordination with the Systems Integration team members is essential to ensure structure is considerate of systems routing needs.
- The design engineer along with a team of engineers will report via a designated Lead through to the relevant Design Lead for the Programme(s).
- Delivery will require some physical attendance at customer facilities for key meetings and design reviews, although an element of hybrid working between customer offices and Supplier offices is acceptable.
- Experienced in airframe structure design engineering development.
- Perform Design activities and interact within the team and interface teams towards a common objective for design maturity.
- Define design solutions for new components / assemblies and modifications to existing components (Composites and metallic) according to cost, weight, quality, manufacturability, serviceability, and performance.
- To provide evidence of design compliance with Customer / Technical specifications.
- Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- Produce ECN as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- Ensure own and teams’ quality of deliveries.
Must Have Skills
- Design engineering experience and coordinate with an authorized Design Approver Signatory on Airframe structure - metallic and/or composite aero structures
- Excellent knowledge of Aero structures, Wing, Empennage and Fuselage.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized design and analysis methods (CATIA V5)
- Experience with GD&T, (tolerance stack up)
- Good experience of aerospace Composite (honeycomb) /Metallic materials and manufacturing processes
- Customer focused/Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Awareness of A/C industry standards, regulations, and qualification requirements
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands.
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team.
- Dassault 3D Experience
- Microsoft Office and Teams
- Product Lifecycle Management (Windchill)
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.