Designer (Nuclear) – Surry, VA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry, and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Airswift is seeking a Designer for a 1-year contract with the opportunity to extend in Surry, VA.
The selected candidate will Design, Draft, and Review the manual and the electronic detailed Electrical/I&C engineering drawings, such as wiring & logic drawings, demolition drawings, layout drawings, and construction drawings. This position acts as a technical expert for Electrical/I&C detailing and drafting and may coordinate and direct the work of other lower-level designers as applicable. Will require construction site visits. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Electrical/I&C design support for multiple Energy Power Generation generating stations
- Preparation and review of Electrical/I&C drawings in support of various power station engineering projects
- Preparation and review of Electrical/I&C drawing standards for Power Generation Engineering department
- Perform site investigations as required
- Provide construction support as required
- Review and comment on 3rd party Vendor, Architect, and Engineer drawing submittals
- Maintain & Update Electrical/I&C drawing record
- Bentley MicroStation CAD software experience
- AutoCAD CAD software experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/I&C engineering, design, & construction principles
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work independently; to complete drawings for large and/or complex systems; and to research and implement new applications within the Dominion CADD system
- Strong MicroStation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including but not limited to: Office, Word, Excel, Etc.
- Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry required to perform calculations as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to be on-time and present in (office environment)
- Ability to be on-time and self-motivated in (remote environment)
- Proficiency in ProjectWise drawing file management system (preferred)
- • Associates Degree Preferred (demonstrated related knowledge, skills, experience may be substituted for preferred education)
- • 5+ years of Electrical/I&C design