Health and Safety Advisor
Airswift is seeking a Health and Safety Advisor with sour gas plant experience for a permanent position in Grande Prairie, AB with an Oil and Gas company.
Brief Job Overview
Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of programs in support of our client’s Health and Safety and Operational systems.
- Provide visible safety leadership.
- Provide subject matter expertise for regulatory compliance requirements related to health and safety
- Act as a subject matter expert for our client’s health and safety programs and requirements for implementation by operations and maintenance teams.
- Participate in HAZOPs, PHAs, Inspections, Audits, Gap Closure and other hazard/risk assessment and conformance activities.
- Act as an investigation subject matter expert, support facilities with investigations, injury management processes and lead investigations when required.
- Complete and facilitate worksite and Targeted Inspections
- Contribute to the development, rollout and field implementation of initiatives, goals, programs, and systems
- Participate in Project Delivery System (PDS) activities, and complete H&S deliverables for operations and maintenance projects and facility turnarounds
- Actively monitor ISNetworld and participate in contractor health and safety qualification, selection, and performance management
- Support the delivery of Safety Meetings and Emergency Response activities
- Monitor safety performance, identify trends, and prepare reports for safety performance and focus areas for improvement
- Minimum of five (5) years sour gas plant operations, maintenance, and health & safety experience
- CRSP or CRST Professional Designation and, an OHS Diploma, Certificate or Degree.
- Working knowledge of Operational Safety processes such as HAZOPS, PSSR’s, PHA’s.
- Extensive experience and exceptional understanding of core operational H&S needs such as Permit to Work, Managing Control of Hazardous Energy, Gas Detection, Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety, and Confined Space Entry.
- Strong understanding of turnaround, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
- Exceptional organization, verbal, and written communication skills; technical report writing skills are an asset.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite, Maximo, PowerBI, ISN, SharePoint
- Self-motivated team player with a strong commitment to improving Health and Safety performance.
Summary on Airswift
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.