Principal Electrical Designer – Perth, WAAirswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift is seeking a Principal Electrical Designer to work on a 12-month assignment in Perth, WA with our Mining client.
- Drive and deliver safe and sustainable electrical designs for various sustaining capital projects.
- Significant involvement in brownfield projects; strong expertise in brownfield design is essential.
- Lead and coordinate design deliverables, ensuring technical integrity and compliance with the client's company procedures.
- Quality check and sign off on deliverables for the discipline.
- Proven discipline project lead experience on brownfield projects is highly preferred.
- Deliver discipline-specific design and drafting services in alignment with the client's company, client, and regulatory requirements.
- Define project scope and manage scope changes according to change management processes.
- Prepare, oversee, and assist in the production of engineering drawings and documentation.
- Ensure drawings and documents meet the client's company checking procedures.
- Maintain project timelines and budgets.
- Participate in project reviews as needed.
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budgets.
- Support discipline interviews for project candidates.
- Collaborate with project Lead Engineers, discipline design teams, Workshare team, and Project Engineers/Managers.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships within the client's company, clients, and stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and challenges, seeking assistance when necessary.
- Interface with the instrumentation and control discipline to complete design scope.
Additional Responsibilities as Project Design Lead:
- Initiate, manage, and supervise design and drafting assignments with the home office and Workshare team.
- Ensure technical integrity through checking and design review activities.
- Provide technical direction, control, and supervision for project design.
- Deliver design deliverables within schedule and budget.
- Manage discipline resources assigned to the project.
- Coordinate change control and technical queries.
- Report progress of discipline deliverables.
- Resolve technical issues within the discipline.
- Maintain discipline task and deliverables lists.
- Follow the "client's company Way" processes for file management.
- Coordinate design with other disciplines and squad checking of deliverables.
- Motivate and manage team performance, competency, and staff development, including on-the-job training.