Process Safety Engineering Lead – Sugarland
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Process Safety Engineering Lead to work in Sugarland for a one year assignment, initially.
- Support and supervise safety studies conducted by pre-FEED contractor, ELY Vendor and Methanation Licensor, including review of all safety deliverables and good implementation of project referential and adequate safety design criteria.
- Participate to the main reviews including P&IDs reviews, layout and 3D Model reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL reviews and internal audit and project reviews
- Identify safety disciplines to be involved in the study and coordinate the safety activities.
- Ensure that all necessary safety data inputs are consistent to support other disciplines studies (rotating, PVV,…)
- Support pre-FEED contractor in the referential gap analysis and the preparation of the project particular specification (PPS) in safety disciplines. Ensure the correct implementation of relevant international standards and any applicable regulations requirements if any.
- Report highlights regularly to Technical Safety Authority from Company within OT/TL/PROC/SE and ensure proposed solutions are in line with Company policy.
- Participate in his discipline weekly coordination meetings with the pre-FEED Contractor and coordination meeting with Engineering lead as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of the operation philosophy including the transient phase and turndown management during the pre-FEED with Field Operations lead.
- Organizes specific progress meetings for the TL Process CODIR at key milestones or roadblocks or decision to take if required
- Organizes the required process peer reviews and particularly the FINAL PEER REVIEW at the end of the study (for validating the Process TL’s position paper to be available for the QR). In charge of the position paper for the safety part; the position paper shall be jointly written with the process study lead (one position paper for TL Process)
- Participates to the QR OT as representative of the project safety team (not as a reviewer)
- Participate to FEED and detailed design studies during Project Execution phase
- Participate to lessons learnt and knowledge management activities by regular feedback to the hydrogen specialists’ team in TL/PROCESS/SE HSE Focus.
- Professional Experience (years): Minimum 15 years of experience in process safety engineering. This shall include a proven experience in project engineering, hydrogen, process safety management.
- Degree in Engineering, masters a plus