Project Engineer – Perth, WA
Due to a period of significant growth, our client is in search of a suitably experienced Project Engineer to work closely with their engineering team to deliver engineering support, procurement, contract support and management across various hydrometallurgical mining projects specifically focused on Lithium, Gold and Rare Earths processing. This exciting role will be based at their facilities in the Perth CBD, WA and offered on an ongoing contract.
As a Project Engineer, you will be an integral part of our clients engineering team, responsible for coordinating and delivering essential support in the execution of mining, minerals and metals sector projects. Your role will encompass various facets of project management, procurement, engineering, contract support and client engagement. This position offers you a chance to make a significant impact while working on projects that shape the future of the mining industry.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to coordinate engineering designs for mining, minerals and metals sector projects.
- Manage and provide support for procurement activities on designated projects.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans, including project execution plans, estimates, schedules, and resource allocation, ensuring adherence to time, cost, quality, and safety standards.
- Effectively manage scope changes, considering cost, schedule, and quality implications.
- Ensure project delivery aligns with predefined schedules, budgets, and quality benchmarks, with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Facilitate successful subcontractor management to achieve project objectives.
- Proactively identify and mitigate both technical and commercial risks, taking necessary actions to ensure project success.
- Play a client-facing role, including attending client meetings, managing client relationships, and overseeing contract management.
- Recognised Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical preferred but open to other disciplines.
- Substantial experience in the mining, minerals and metals sector, with a strong background in process plant and equipment.
- Proficiency in contract management and solid commercial acumen.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- Previous experience in engineering consulting and familiarity with EPC/EPCM projects.
- Expertise in change and design management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing procurement and contract packages.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 7,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Patrick Chick directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 (8) 6146 4363