Location: Oslo, Norway
Duration: initial 12 month contract, with option to extend.
Roster: Monday to Friday, Full-time
Start date: ASAP
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
We are embarking on becoming global pioneers, and leading the global energy transition, through our decarbonisation and growth agendas and by developing a portfolio of projects centred on the production of renewable hydrogen, ammonia and other value-added products. Our large scale, low-cost hydropower, geothermal, solar and wind assets will support establishment of green energy and green product industries around the world. The European portfolio comprises of several opportunities, and as such we are looking to engage experienced European based project professionals to develop some of these opportunities into projects.
An exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer has arisen. The role of the project engineer will be to ensure successful delivery of capital projects in the Europe Portfolio. This successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who can drive outcomes, communicate with stake-holders at all levels and show initiative to solve complex problems.
This position will based in Oslo, Norway, working on a Monday – Friday, full-time Roster; the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the option for further contract renewals to follow.
- Ensuring all works are completed safely and adhere to our Vision and Values.
- Developing and executing single packages or more complex Scopes of Work.
- Managing, tracking and reporting in the management of project budget and schedule.
- Supporting and engage with multiple stakeholders to obtain technical, commercial and schedule information.
- Responsible for supporting development of management level reporting.
- Develop and review for compliance detailed scopes of work, control formal reviews and approvals.
- Support the development team in weekly project meetings, produce minutes, action and decisions register.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling development of deliverables in conjunction with the Senior Project Engineer and Project Manager to ensure mitigation of schedule slippage, scope creep or cost over runs.
- Develop and maintain project registers and trackers to include, but not limited to project action list, deliverables, risk, issues and key decisions.
- Responsible to review, approve (within delegated limits) and maintain project deliverables and documentation.
- Responsible to support budget development, approval and Business Case finalisation per Project Management framework.
- Aligned and demonstrating a clear understanding of our Culture Values.
- Highly responsible, trustworthy, driven and value-focused.
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial spirit in identifying issues and developing pragmatic solutions.
- Strong analytical abilities and proactive thinking.
- Clear and concise communicator, proven abilities in delivering clear reporting and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in building rapport and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Highly motivated and proactive individual, comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team.
- A high commitment to safety and strive to achieve zero harm.
- Project Management qualifications or training advantageous.
- Engineering Degree or similar.
- Solid Project Engineering experience.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated technical, project management and leadership skills in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Diversity of experience across whole-of-life phases, functions and processes in complex projects.
- Experience across various industries and resource sectors.
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite, predominately in Word and Excel.