- Lead and motivate production team engaged in machining/assembly of precision and complex parts to meet schedules for the various operations supporting customer requirements.
- Lead and support employee development through selection/talent acquisition, performance management, training/development, and coaching/mentoring of cell associates in alignment with business goals and objectives. Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts to drive results.
- Maintain a safe, organised, and clean work environment by setting and driving 6S standard.
- Manage daily production, capacity planning and machine optimisation.
- Support and participate in Lean/Kaizen initiatives.
- Communicate, coordinate and interface with other cells for parts process flow & resolving problems in timely manner.
- Proper and accurate updating of ERP system (Syteline). Organize and schedule overtime to ensure that it is within the statutory limit.
- Responsible for respective consumable spending, delivery metrics, capacity planning, risk assessment, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Conduct routine cell and toolbox meetings with effectively.
- Responsible for maintaining a motivated and disciplined workforce and promote a positive working environment to improve employee morale.
- Identify opportunities for production efficiency improvement and reduction in waste.
- Build partnership and work collaboratively with others to meet shared goals and objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 8-10 years of production/operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity managing a team of technicians.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively with support groups and other departments.
- Strong attention to details and ability to multitask, hands on and manage tight deadlines.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical & planning skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a team and in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing methodology.
- Good understanding of machining and metal fabrication processes.
- Previous experience in CNC machining and CNC programming is an added advantage.
- Able to work in rotating shifts if required.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.