Senior Electrical Engineer – Tanzania and Uganda
Brief Job Overview
Responsible for Field Engineering delivery of Construction Electrical Scope (Electrical/instrumentation) to Completion & Ready for Commissioning start-up. The installation, testing, pre-commissioning, up to ready for commissioning of electrical transmission systems, Substations power generation equipment, motor control systems, power management systems, earthing systems, UPS, Transformers, ICSS, FGS, DCS, RTU, CCTV, ESD, ECSS, ACS, communication, emergency lighting, and other electrical equipment, diverse integrated control systems, SCADA, ISS, PAGA, and varied industrial instrumentation.
Key responsibilities and main tasks:
- Ensuring that electrical equipment is delivered, installed, tested and commissioned in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Providing Electrical Field Engineering support and expertise to the Project team.
- Coordinate with Company engineers to resolve engineering technical queries, Deviations, Change Requests.
- Ensuring all Electrical discipline project deliverables are executed and handover according to project QHSE requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring Construction Contractors technical compliance and quality standards.
- Ensure the Electrical Master records are maintained and approved as red mark-ups on the
- Engineering Documents to the as built procedure.
- Provide Field Engineering support to construction and commissioning activities.
- Experience in loop checking, instruments calibration; E&I panels power up, FAT, SAT & ISAT.
- Experience in Electrical, Instrumentation and Telecom systems like, UPS, Power system,
- Transformers, ICSS, FGS, DCS, RTU, CCTV, ESD, ECSS, ACS, communication, emergency lighting, etc.
- Performs coordination and communications with Home Office Design Engineering to resolve technical problems.
- Ensuring that instrumentation and associated equipment is delivered, installed, tested and commissioned in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Ensure all Instrument discipline project deliverables are executed and handover according to project HSEQ requirements.
- Support and Collaborate with the home office engineering design team to properly implement design change and provide all engineering site support.
- Ensure that contractors construction team implements and executes the construction scope as per technical specification quality standards and project schedule requirements
- Review Construction Method Statement to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Ensure that the engineering response to the TQ’S are expedited and Contractors implements changes corrections on site.
- Support Construction schedule from area construction to system/sub system completion.
- Ensure that discipline handover documentation /Dossier are complete as per project requirements.
- Responsible to ensure that the contractor has all required drawings up to date and including redlines/as- built.
- Review contractor reports and MoM for accuracy of Engineering actions.
- Coordinating with construction walkdown and obtain the mechanical completion.
- Ensure the execution of the head office activities concerning pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up, test run and handing over of the plant to the Client according to contractual requirements and project objectives in terms of safety, quality, budget, and schedule.
The experience shall include:
- Degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline or Company agreed discipline qualifications that support the Electrical engineering management and construction execution of onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- Registered Engineer
- 10 years’ experience in conceptual & detailed design of Oil and Gas facilities and process equipment.
- English speaking.
- Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of construction execution of onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- Experience in Brown and Greenfield construction projects.
- Previous experience in a similar role in EPC projects.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.