Our client seeks an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their office in Rotterdam, Netherlands in a contract until end of 2027.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will participate in the project teams during the FEED, the detailed engineering, the construction, mechanical completion, the commissioning and start-up phase of the projects. Responsible for high quality electrical engineering deliverables, prepared by the engineering contractors during FEED and Detail Engineering and reviews key vendor documents. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the electrical designs, identifies & resolves non-compliances and works with others to resolve Electrical issues.
• Review and approve project documents.
• Assuring consistent application of standards and manages the control of any justifiable deviations.
• Liaise effectively with other functions (Projects, Project Services, HSE, legal, Maintenance and Operations, e.g.).
• Accountable for the quality of technical work and for the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
• Support electrical engineers of Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
ACTIVITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
- Provide Engineering and Construction expertise.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project
team and design/construction contractors.
- Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, implement quality, and provide specialized technical support to projects and also to operations and maintenance.
- 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Applied Knowledge of Dutch and European Norms.
- Thorough knowledge of projects and his discipline within engineering
- Manage and support electrical engineers of Engineering Contractors.
- Manage and support of Electrical installation contractors.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSE driven mindset.
- Good people management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good planning skills.
- Good negotiation skills.