Our client seeks an experienced Senior Instrument Engineer to join their office in Rotterdam, Netherlands in a contract until end of 2027.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Senior Instrument Engineer will be responsible for Process Automation System Engineering, Safety Instrument System & Safeguarding, Process Control Domain Integrity, Operations Interfaces and Field Instrumentation. He will participate in the project teams during the FEED, the detailed engineering, the construction, the commissioning and start-up phase of the projects.
The selected person will be responsible for managing and completing a wide range of Instrumentation functions such as:
- Review and approve project specifications of DCS and EDS systems, ESD, F&G systems PLC's and other packaged PLC's.
- Review and approve project specifications of PLC and DCS configurations.
- Review and approve project specifications of GCs and field analyzers.
- Review and approve project specifications of gas detectors in process area and buildings.
- Review and approve project specifications of loop wiring diagram-, logic diagram- and pneumatic hook design.
- Assist instrument technicians during trouble shooting of field instruments. Fault finding in field panel wiring, DCS and PLC marshalling cabinets, JBs and field instruments.
- Review and approve project specifications of the instrument maintenance procedure and calibration procedures.
- Review and approve project specifications of field instrumentation such as mass flow, vortex flow, ultrasonic flow and level, radar level, MOVs, control valves and in-situ analyzers.
- Support instrument and control engineers of Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
- Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
- Provide Engineering and Construction expertise.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project
team and design/construction contractors.
- Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, implement quality, and provide specialized technical support to projects and also to operations and maintenance.
- 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Applied Knowledge of European Norms.
- Thorough knowledge of projects and his discipline within engineering
- Manage and support instrument and control engineers of Engineering Contractors.
- Manage and support of Electrical and instrumentation installation contractors.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSE driven mindset.
- Good people management, communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good planning skills and negotiation skills.