Key Skills: Piping Design, FEED, Detailed Design
Contract: 6 month initial Contract
Salary / Package: PAYE Day rate, plus holiday accrual + Pension Auto Enrolment
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karen Robertson
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal or Senior Piping Designer to join our oil & gas client’ project team based in Aberdeen.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work on a key client project, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Providing design support & direction across piping and plant layout scopes for an oil operator client.
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Identification of risks in the workplace, site, and design work being undertaken.
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety, and operational aspects of design.
- Use of 3D design software packages.
- Managing change and identifying, formalising, and notifying relevant parties of changes in the project.
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Management of budgets, schedules, and quality of projects.
- Driving, controlling, and scheduling of work-share using global integrated delivery (GID).
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Plant Layout and Piping Design experience within an EPC/EPCM environment.
- Extensive experience working on brownfield projects.
- Extensive Site survey experience.
- Competent E3D/PDMS 3D system user.
- Commercial awareness within the professional services environment.
- Knowledge of UK, European, and ASME/ASTM international standards and practices.
- Experience in a senior position on Offshore EPC/EPCm projects.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson