As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer to join our teams based either in Glasgow, Edinburgh or London offices, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent salary and benefits package available.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Support the delivery of projects to develop into the Technical Lead. Technical excellence is key to our success, and you would help build on this tradition.
- Conducting safety scopes (experience in consequence analysis, QRA, Formal Safety Assessments, Safety Cases/COMAH, etc is essential) for major hazard industries.
- Technical report authorship.
- Leading junior engineers on projects and provide technical guidance and mentoring support.
- Preparation of proposals (including cost estimations) for new work scopes.
- Project engineering to ensure studies and projects are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets, and schedules.
- Direct engagement with clients and developing strong relationships with existing and future clients.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering (or related) subject.
- Chartered with a relevant institution.
- We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects. You will be passionate and driven to improve the way we do things and deliver above and beyond to clients. You will be a proactive team player with excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- You will be highly organised and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience working in Process/Technical Safety, preferably in the Energy industry.
- Experience in risk and safety management.
- Experience leading work scopes to meet delivery/cost targets without compromising quality.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of QRA and other safety techniques, including consequence analysis (preferably PHAST software), with proven experience in conducting such studies.
- Familiar with relevant legislation and industry standards and able to apply this knowledge and advise clients about these, such as COMAH and Safety Case Regulations, etc.
- Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard and to check the work of others.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in a client-facing role, showing an understanding of commercial challenges relevant to a consultancy business, confident in selling our services and winning work.
- Experience in contributing to successful bids and proposals.
- Be responsive and proactive to opportunities to grow the business.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson.