Key Skills: Aerostructures design, HyperX, Composite structures analysis & Aerospace
Contract: 12 month
Salary / Package: LTD Company/PAYE Contract
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Robert Caldwell
Key words: Aerostructures design, HyperX, Composite structures analysis & Aerospace
We are a global technology company who operate in a range of industries including engineering, manufacturing, data analytics, networks and operations. We are committed to designing tomorrow together with our stakeholders and being a culturally inclusive, socially responsible, and environmentally sustainable organization. We are proud to sponsor with Airswift to expand our workforce to achieve further growth in 2024.
We are currently searching for a Stress Engineer to support the PDR phase of design and build of the wing, empennage and ‘boom’ structures, for a Prototype, on metallic and composite structures. This will be on an initial 12-month contract period with the possibility of extension and we can cater for both LTD company and PAYE employment.
Role & Requirements
- Manage the execution of the work packages identified and ensure the convergence of the delivery plans with customer requirements.
- Define integrated design solutions for new components/assemblies and modifications to existing components (Composites and metallic).
- Optimise the design solutions, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
- Coordinate with multi functional teams to prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- To communicate effectively with co-worker, customer and suppliers
- Modelling, simulation and prototyping services.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Experience in the analysis of aerostructures design, development, projects with hands-on metallic and composite structures analysis using FEA and classical hand analysis methods
- Current or past Approver or checker delegation is an advantage
- Good knowledge of aerospace materials knowledge, standards & specifications.
- Engineering activities in support of work to PDR for Wing / Empennage and boom aero structures. Both metallic and composite capability required with mix of experience to perform check for Analysis.
- Expertise in Hypersizer, HyperX is mandatory for composites design & optimization
- Review and finalize Concept design, implement detailed design & development, support on PDR activities and maturity, support qualification and production of composite and metallic components and assemblies
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Robert Caldwell.