Location: Bristol, UK
Contract duration: initial 1 year contract, with option to extend (outside IR35).
Start date: ASAP
Industry / Project: Aerospace
As a leading global engineering and technology solutions company, and Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
We are committed to designing tomorrow together with our stakeholders and are proud to be in a position to expand our UK team. We have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment objectives in 2023/2024, and are currently recruiting for a ‘STRESS SME/Technical Manager’ to support our aerospace customer based in Bristol, UK – where the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 1 year contract, with option to extend.
- 12 to 15+ years’ experience in the analysis of aerostructures design, development, projects with hands-on metallic and composite structures analysis using FEA and classical hand analysis methods.
- Good knowledge of aerospace materials knowledge, standards & specifications.
- Engineering activities in support of work to PDR for Wing / Empennage and boom aero structures. Both metallic and composite capability required with mix of experience to perform check for Analysis.
- Expertise in Hypersizer, HyperX is mandatory for composites design & optimization
- Review and finalize Concept design, implement detailed design & development, support on PDR activities and maturity, support qualification and production of composite and metallic components and assemblies.
- Manage the execution of the work packages identified and ensure the convergence of the delivery plans with customer requirements.
- Define integrated design solutions for new components/assemblies and modifications to existing components (Composites and metallic).
- Optimize the design solutions, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
- Coordinate with multi-functional teams to prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- To communicate effectively with co-worker, customer and suppliers.
- Modelling, simulation and prototyping services.