Language: Fluent English. French is a plus.
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Ming Yue
Key Words: Project management, Fleet Operations, Fleet Management, HSE, Team management, Support Vessel, QHSE, Supervision, Management, Stakeholder Management, Maritime, Transport, Subsea.
The company is a leading provider of offshore marine services, they deliver surface and subsea solutions to offshore energy producers through a modern fleet of 248 vessels and 5,400+ professionals. Offering extensive continental, deepwater and ultra-deepwater support. They generated €542M+ revenue in 2022 by guaranteeing quality and safety across operations in 36 countries. Key services span offshore logistics, towing, anchoring, positioning, and subsea engineering and IMR at 4,000m depth. With 30+ years of expertise, they also provides specialized high-speed passenger transportation and offshore personnel transfer, moving 3,000+ oil and gas crews daily. By leveraging operational excellence across this integrated service portfolio, they enhances the productivity and cost-efficiency of offshore installations worldwide. Due to continuous growth, they are searching for a Vessel Manager to be based in Southern France.
The Vessel Manager is responsible for reporting to the Subsea Fleet Director, you will be integrated into an operational unit and within this scope, you will be in charge of the management of 3 to 4 vessels in the MPSV pool.
- Ship planning and operational monitoring
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets and costs, management of performance and financial results
- Management of the performance and technical availability of the vessels
- Inspection of the vessels in your fleet (VTI...)
Manage Customer Satisfaction and contracts:
- Bringing vessels into compliance with customer requirements and expectations
- Participation in the process of deploying commercial contracts in conjunction with the client and the marketing department
- Follow-up and compliance with the ship-management contract (fixed-price contract, profitability of the contract, etc.).
Be responsible for the proper application of the HSE policy and the safety standards:
- Implementation, monitoring and improvement of QHSE standards and safety culture on board
- Verification of vessels' compliance with applicable regulations
- Management of regular inspections and audits of ships with the follow-up of the "action plan"
Leadership & Management :
- Hierarchical management of commanders and functional management of chief engineers
- You are a delegated DPA (Designated Person ashore) within the meaning of the ISM code
- Maritime/Engineering academic background with confirmed experience as onboard officer, ideally in offshore
- 2+ years of maritime subsea experience or 5+ years offshore management experience
- Leadership and project management abilities
- Budgeting/financial analysis skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Extensive maritime/HSE regulatory knowledge
- You are reactive, rigorous, with strong leadership, enjoy teamwork (project mode) and want to join a dynamic environment where you can develop your skills.
- You are recognized for your managerial qualities on board or ashore and master the tools of the Office pack.
- Fluent in English with French as a plus
- Willingness to travel routinely to operational bases and client sites as the fleet is spread all over the world where you will be called upon to travel (approximately 30 days per year – 2 trips minimum)
- Working with the latest modern and standardized vessels
- Training and skills development available to all employees
- Support and appreciation for all collective and individual performance
- Opportunity to take up new responsibilities and career paths via internal and global mobility
- Advocate for more female representation within the group; eliminating pay inequality, ensuring equal career development opportunities regardless of gender, and combatting stereotypes that perpetuate discrimination. Bourbon is determined to drive measurable progress on these fronts through concrete actions anchored in a culture of diversity and inclusion.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not “tick all the boxes”, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Ming Yue,