Position: Terminal Operator
Duration: 12 months contract & potential for contract extension
Schedule: Monday – Friday & 8 hours per day
Perform activities related to the receipt and shipping of all products and additives at the site. Perform functions relating to site operations, ensuring the reliability of equipment and the supply/delivery system. Operate, maintain and repair site facilities in a safe, efficient, cost effective and environmentally sound manner. Participate in activities which contribute to site safety and security, environmental protection, quality and business controls, in a manner consistent with the principals of operational excellence.
- Operate and maintain all facets of measurement systems, subject to Company procedures. (meters, weigh scales, gauging, injector )
- Comply with all health and safety and regulatory legislation.
- Participate in scheduled operations and safety meetings
- Comply with all controls standards and procedures
- Conduct all site business with the mindset of safety and ensure 100% compliance with the documented operating and administrative procedures outlined in the PDM and participation in all elements of the Loss Prevention System.
- Work with other Company departments as required, assisting with operational and maintenance activities.
- Act as a member of the Site Emergency Response Team
- Support the mandates of both the Product Quality and Supply groups for the purposes of maintaining superior product quality and the efficient management and resolution of supply issues.
- Manages and coordinates contractors and drivers with respect to safety, orientation and compliance
- High-level working knowledge of measurement practices
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Excellent understanding of product quality requirements
- Secondary/ High School Diploma
- Minimum 100% of assigned Stage 3 Training per GMT Standards
- Experience as a Terminal Operator
- Working knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations and standards for the operation
- Strong level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Works with some supervision and support.
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good mechanical aptitude.