Our major client in Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Plant Operator to work ...
Our major client in Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Plant Operator to work within their facilities located in Orla, TX for a 12-month assignment.
· Perform all duties necessary to ensure optimum plant operations;
· Monitoring plant operations through computer-based plant interface, light maintenance (including but not limited to 50 lbs lifting ability, climb ladders) of equipment, shutdown and start-up of the plant, documentation of operating parameters.
· Work activities will require outdoor activities in year-round variable weather conditions.
· Implements safe work practices and participates in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times.
· H.S. degree or equivalent.
· Must be capable of vigorous outdoor activities.
· Mechanical training and practical experience in an industrial operations and maintenance setting.
· Ability to operate, troubleshoot and maintain cryogenic plant equipment, including reciprocating engines, pumps, exchangers, coolers, air compressors and related facilities preferred.
· Manual dexterity with physical ability to work extended hours, climbing, bending, kneeling, working with arms extended above the head, twisting upper body, standing for long periods, walking on catwalks, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions, lifting, driving a vehicle, and operation light industrial equipment.
· Ability to operate hand, pneumatic, and hydraulic tools.
· Strong communication skills and a positive attitude are required for this position as well as the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Ability to work a 7 & 7 – 12 hour rotating shift.
· Ability to work overtime and respond to call-outs during off hours.
· Ability to respond in a timely manner to any emergency.
· Basic PC computer skills and trainable in custom software applications used in flow computers, gas chromatograph, plant controls, and Process Safety Management.
· Must comply with pre-employment and random drug testing and all other company policies and procedures.
· Other duties as required.