We are currently recruiting a Director Business Development to initiate and sustain the growth of a Transport consultancy specialising in Systems Engineering and Safety Assurance services. Their client base operates primarily across commuter services including rail, light rail and bus operation.
You will require strong personal contacts within the NSW or QLD Rail industry, particularly within key areas such as operators, authorities, Tier 1 Contractors. Exposure to other industries which require SESA services such as Aviation, Defence, Renewable Energy would be advantageous.
Location- Sydney or Brisbane
Salary- up to $350,000 total package including super and
- Identifying and cultivating new business opportunities, establishing strategic partnerships, and expanding the company’s market presence within the transport sector
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including rail operators, government agencies, and industry partners.
- Travel to customers within (but not limited to) QLD and NSW.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify new opportunities and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Lead Bid development
- Support the delivery of projects through understanding customer needs
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and trade shows to enhance brand visibility and network with potential clients.
- Liaison for escalation of contractual matters
- 15+ years experience within the Australian and UK rail industry
- Proven track record of work-winning within NSW and QLD rail sector
- Well-known by key decision makers within public and private rail entities.
- An appreciation / understanding of systems engineering principles
- Ability to lead the production of tenders / bids / offers
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.