Senior Electrical Engineer – Saint Quentin, France
Brief Job Overview
As a Senior Electrical Engineer specializing in FPSO projects, you will be responsible for electrical network calculations, sizing, and the development of electrical philosophies that adhere to industry standards and best practices. The ideal candidate will have a strong command of the English language, both written and spoken, to effectively communicate and collaborate with the global team and clients.
Key responsibilities and main tasks:
- Electrical Network Calculations and Sizing: Conduct comprehensive electrical network calculations and sizing for FPSO projects, ensuring optimal system performance, reliability, and safety.
- Main Electrical Equipment Specification: Develop detailed specifications for main electrical equipment, including generators, transformers, switchgear, and distribution systems, in compliance with industry standards and project requirements.
- Electrical Philosophies: Formulate electrical philosophies for FPSO systems, encompassing safety, reliability, and efficiency considerations, and ensure their integration into the overall project design.
- Compliance and Standards: Ensure that all electrical designs and specifications adhere to relevant industry codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including mechanical, structural, and instrumentation engineers, to ensure seamless integration of electrical systems into the overall FPSO design.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support during the construction, installation, and commissioning phases, resolving electrical engineering issues and ensuring compliance with design specifications.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records, reports, and documentation of electrical engineering activities, ensuring all project stakeholders have access to necessary information.
- Quality Control: Participate in quality control and assurance activities to ensure that electrical systems meet project and client expectations.
The experience shall include:
- Proven expertise in electrical network calculations, sizing, and specifications for main electrical equipment.
- Strong familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to offshore electrical systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Exceptional project management and time management skills.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.